Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Long I Fries...

This is a center activity I created for one of my reading classes. It's a great sorting game for children to sort their short i and long i words. It's also a great way for them to make a relation to words with long i/short i sounds to the french fries and Popsicle's.


Materials needed: Popsicle sticks, Popsicle box, McDonald's french fry box, and marker.

Common Core: Language Arts: Standard 2: Phonics/Decoding
–The student will apply sound-symbol relationships to
decode unknown words.
Jen

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the short i popsicles. The long i fries are such a cute idea too. Don't you love Pinterest??? =)

    It is such a great idea to start a blog as an intern.

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was so happy that my idea was getting repinned on pinterest. It's a little sense of accomplishment. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete