Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin fun!


For my second 8 weeks of interning I have moved to first grade. I've really enjoyed meeting the kiddos and making new lesson plans. To kick off my first grade internship I did a pumpkin mini unit. I really enjoyed creating the lessons and sharing them with my new class. We did a pumpkin investigation where the students observed and investigated their own pumpkin. This happened to be very easy for me because luckily my father-in-law has a pumpkin patch and let me bring 25 pumpkins to school for each of the kiddos. I put the pumpkins outside and let the kids come out ad pick their own pumpkin. It was like a mini pumpkin patch. They got to investigate and paint their pumpkins. We also had a pumpkin taste test. I brought pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, and pumpkin seeds for the students to try. We then made a class graph of what everyone liked best. All of the firsties loved the unit and it was a great unit to do right before fall break. 









No comments:

Post a Comment