Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Saved by the Bell

Since graduating in December and getting a job right off the bat to teach 3rd grade this past couple of months have felt like I've been on a roller coaster. I've been so grateful of having a job but have also felt like a lost puppy. I came into this job after a teacher had to leave mid-year.I love my class and the school that I work at. But, up until today I have felt so lost. Today something finally clicked. I got through all of my lessons and finally have my classroom management skills under control. (p.s. I wish they had more classes on classroom management in college.. I don't feel like I was prepared to manage 20 individual personalities, but darn it I can write good lesson plan.) Anywho, Today I finally figured out what works best for my class and myself. Here's hoping tomorrow is just as great :) On a different note, we started Unit 4 of our Reading Street Readers, (we are a little behind due to snow days and holiday break), I found seller, Sarah Kirby . Her stuff for the Reading Street units is so great. And you can buy each unit for around $16. Her anchor charts are my favorite. This is my literacy wall that I change each week. Happy Teaching!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment