Friday, September 6, 2013

Five For Friday!



This is my first time to link up with the Five for Friday posts but I'm excited to start because I'm a newbie blogger. My name is Jen and I am currently interning in a kindergarten classroom. I graduate this December with a degree in Early Childhood Education (pre-k-3rd). I'm so excited to get into the classroom. This week has been especially exciting because it was the first week I started teaching and taking full responsibility of the students.

1. I started an apple unit this week which I talked about in the previous post. It was a hit! the students had so much fun and I had even more fun teaching them about measurement, parts of an apple, and the classic tale of Johnny Appleseed.


2. I'm excited it's Friday. I have big plans of being lazy this weekend. Watching some college football (Go OU!) and laying out poolside with my hubby and dog, Boomer.



3. Celebrated this baby girls birthday. I might have the cutest baby cousin ever!


4. I'm especially excited about this... I recently signed up for my first Slant Box. If you are familiar with BirchBox,(one of my favorite things), then it's the same concept except educational themed boxes sent between teachers. Basically you get assigned to an educator each month randomly, and you put together a box of goodies that goes with the month's theme. I'm really excited to get started. I heard about the Slant Box through this lovely blog, Lessons With Coffee.


5.Last but definitely not least. Today is my mom and dad's 27th anniversary. They are such a great example of what a happily married couple is. I love them and am so blessed to have them as parents.


Link up here at Doodle Bugs Teaching


Jen

2 comments:

  1. I found you on Five for Friday ~ I"m your newest follower!
    I look forward to reading more posts!
    ~ Kristin
    thisoldartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that just made my day! thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete